Please see Special Education Resources for current notices and helpful information for families during school closure.
The Special Education Department for the Concord Public Schools and the Concord-Carlisle Regional School District serves students from age three through twenty-two.
We provide a wide spectrum of services for students with disabilities across the districts. These are students who have been identified with a disability and require specially designed instruction/intervention or related services in order to access the general curriculum.
As a PreK-12+ department, we have made a commitment to:
- Provide exceptional services to students with disabilities
- Provide services in the least restrictive environment
- Support families of students with disabilities through the process
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with the parent community in order to meet the needs of students with disabilities from Concord, Boston, and Carlisle
We are dedicated to:
- Completing diagnostic and educationally relevant evaluations
- Using research-based instructional techniques
- Monitoring individual student progress
- Helping students achieve their post-secondary goals
- For students in out-of-district programs, maintaining a connection to their home district
- Following the Massachusetts Special Education Regulations developed by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE)
Special education should be viewed as a part of the continuum of supports, services and interventions created to ensure that the general education environment is responsive to the diverse learning needs of all students. Working together, regular education and special education staff can ensure equal opportunity, full participation and increased outcomes for students with disabilities.
Concord Public Schools and Concord-Carlisle Regional School District are committed to providing students with disabilities access to the curriculum and general education program.
Director of Student Services