COVID Case Updates
May 14, 2022
I write to share updates as to continuing upward trends in COVID cases. Our COVID Data Dashboard is current.
I am constantly communicating with DESE, DPH, Concord’s Health Director, Public Health Nurse, and other area superintendents. As a result, I am offering the following:
- We strongly encourage masking indoors.
- If you are symptomatic, you should stay home until the symptoms subside. This variant can take longer to be detected, so a negative test may not mean you are COVID free when symptoms are present.
- When we see a cluster of cases, masks have been reinstated temporarily, and antigen tests are provided for ongoing testing.
- I do not see a mask mandate returning unless MDPH, DESE, and/or Concord implement a local directive. CDC guidelines are provided at a national level where vaccination and testing rates are widely varied.
- We plan to go forward with all of our planned events through the end of the school year without additional protocols. Other districts have seen spikes following such events (i.e. prom), so we highly recommend masking and testing as proactive measures.
- As has been the case for over two years, our care and kindness for one another are required. No one intentionally exposes others.
Pandemic fatigue is real for everyone. I am confident we can end the year strong by working together.
Enjoy this gorgeous day!