Coronavirus Update – March 2, 2020
March 2, 2020
I write to provide an update regarding COVIC-19 and our preparations for ensuring the safety of all in our schools. It is important to remember that the risk in Massachusetts remains low.
We continue to actively monitor and follow the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) in consultation with the Concord Board of Health (BOH). In addition to travel advisories, the CDC published guidance for schools that we are following explicitly: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/guidance-for-schools.html
Our current work includes:
- Regular cleaning of the schools, especially on high traffic surface areas
- Deep cleaning of each school during this week
- Consultation with the Concord BOH as to questions regarding return from recent international travel
- CCHS trip scheduled for April to China was previously cancelled
- Reminders of best practices in handwashing, covering coughs, and staying home when ill
- Meeting frequently with local health officials
The information and guidelines are continually changing. We will stay well-informed and adjust decisions according to that information.
Please let us know if you have questions or concerns.
Dr. Laurie Hunter, Superintendent