Coronavirus Update – March 11, 2020

March 11, 2020

Good Afternoon,

The situation continues to evolve as we receive guidance from local, state, and national officials.

Here are today’s updates:

  • All non-essential large group events are cancelled for the next two weeks.  I am working with the administrators and parent leaders if there are any questions as to what falls in this category.  I’m happy to answer any other questions as well.  Here is the MDPH guidance we are following:
  • We are working on virtual school day plans should there be a need for long-term cancellations.  A draft of the plan was shared with the CTA and CCTA leadership today.  Each building will hold a voluntary staff meeting after school tomorrow to share the plan and receive feedback.  More details to come from the principals.
  • Should we close, all employees will be paid as usual.  If you are in a high risk group and feel you should not be in school, you can let us know that and use sick time as long as you need.  Please talk with you building principal as to your needs.
  • The principals and I are going to review each field trip over the next two weeks to make decisions about whether the trip will proceed.  Decisions will be made based on the venue and exposure to people and kids outside of our school community.

I’ll be sharing high level information about these topics with families tonight as well.

I am grateful for your patience and flexibility in such a challenging time with so many unknowns.  Please do not hesitate to let us know what support you and the kids need.