CCHS Open Hours This Weekend and Resources
January 31, 2020
The recent death of our student, Chase Bjork, has impacted many if not all of us in some way. This is a tragedy for the Bjork family, for our school and for our community, and we are all deeply saddened by what has happened. We are grieving the loss of one of our own.
Support for anyone in need is being offered in multiple forms:
- There will be Open Hours at CCHS on Saturday, Feb. 1, from 11 AM – 1 PM and Sunday, February 2, from 2 PM – 4 PM with counselors present for anyone (students, parents, faculty, and community members).
- The bottom of this message has a list of Mental Health Resources for Youth and Families.
- The school is working closely with the Riverside Community Care, a Department of Mental Health funded organization that provides support to schools and communities following suicides. They are helping us to plan student support groups, conduct staff training and provide more resources for parents. More information will be forthcoming.
- Counselors and teachers at the schools are providing ongoing support to students. This support will continue over the coming days and weeks.
- More supports and training will be available through the Center for Parents and Teachers, the Parent Teacher Groups, and Riverside Community Care.
This is a time for our community to grieve and there are no easy answers. We need to be accessible to one another and to truly listen when someone opens up to us. In short, we need to be here for each other during this difficult time.
Dr. Laurie Hunter, Superintendent
Mental Health Services for Youth and Families
This list of resources is presented in an attempt to provide options for those seeking assistance.
Their mention herein does not necessarily indicate the endorsement of Concord-Carlisle High School.
LOCAL AND COMMUNITY RESOURCES
CCHS Guidance Dept. (978)341-2941 or (978)341-2924
Emerson Hospital (978) 369-1400
Advocates 800-640-5432 (mobile risk assessment service)
Concord Emergency Services (police & fire dispatch) (978)318-3400
Domestic Violence Victim Assistance Program (800)799-7233
Elliot Community Health Services (800)988-1111
Concord Health Department (978)318-3275
William James College Interface, Help-Line, Website: www.interface.williamjames.edu; 617-332-3666, x 411
HELP FOR TEENS
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800)273-TALK (24 hr.)
National Hope Line Network (800)442-HOPE (4673)
Covenant House Nine Line (800) 999-9999
Boston Emergency Screening Team (800) 981-HELP
Boston Area Rape Crisis Center (800) 841-8371
Fenway Community Health Center Peer Listening Line
(Hotline for GLBT teens) (800) 399-7337
Samaritans Teen Line (For Teens Only) (800) 525-TEEN (24hrs.)
HELP FOR FAMILIES
Riverside Emergency Services Team 24-hr Crisis Line: (800) 529-5077
Parental Stress Line (800) 632-8188 (24 hrs.)
Samaritans Hotline (617) 247-0220 (24 hrs.)
Riverside Outpatient Center (617) 969-4925
SUBSTANCE ABUSE TREATMENT AND SUPPORT
MA Substance Abuse Information and Education Help Line (800) 327-5050
Substance Abuse Treatment Referral (800) 662-HELP
Alcoholics Anonymous (Boston) (617) 426-9444
Needham ACTS – Parent Resources
Massachusetts Health & Human Services – Suicide
Sign and Symptoms of Depression
Supporting Your Teen After the Suicide of a Friend
Signs Symptoms of Depression and Suicidality – advocates ES – Concord.docx
Supporting Your Teen After the Suicide of a Friend 10.13.pdf