The Concord School Committee is comprised of five members elected by the Town of Concord. The Concord-Carlisle Regional District School Committee is comprised of two Carlisle members in addition to the five Concord members.
The mission of the Districts is to educate all students to become lifelong learners, creative thinkers, caring citizens, and responsible contributors in our increasingly diverse global society. The Districts’ core values are: academic excellence, respectful and empathic community, professional collaboration, education equity, and continuous improvement.
The School Committees use the vision provided by the Districts’ mission statement and core values to guide our decisions as we work to support the Districts’ Goals.
The responsibilities of the School Committees are:
- To appoint and evaluate the Superintendent
- To review and approve budgets for public education
- To establish educational goals and policies consistent with the requirements of Massachusetts General Law and statewide standards established by the Massachusetts Board of Education
The Superintendent is responsible for the administrative operation of the Districts.
The Concord School Committee meets twice a month on the second and fourth Tuesday and there is a Joint Meeting on the fourth Tuesday of the month. Additional meetings or joint sessions are scheduled as needed. Meetings are televised on Concord Carlisle TV and are available on demand.
Concord Public Schools
- Heather Bout, Chair (2018)
- Johanna Boynton Vice Chair (2019)
- Robert Grom (2019)
- Wallace Johnston, (2020)
- Daniel Conti (2018)
Concord-Carlisle Regional School District
- Daniel Conti, Chair (2018)
- Robert Grom Vice Chair (2019)
- Johanna Boynton (2019)
- Wallace Johnston (2020)
- Heather Bout (2018)
- Mary Storrs (2019)
- Melissa McMorrow
- Ariel Waldman