CCHS Graduation Class of 2017
Class of 2017 Parents and Students
Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions relating to graduation.
When and where will graduation be held?
- Graduation will be held on Saturday, June 3, 2017
- The ceremony starts promptly at 11:00 AM on the CCHS Football Field
- The ceremony will last about two hours
When and where should the graduates arrive?
- All graduates should be in the Maroon Gym no later than 10:00 AM
- Graduates enter the school through the exterior door by the locker rooms and not through the front lobby as the dining commons will be closed for All Night Live
- If graduation is inside, guests enter through the main entrance, turn left towards Student Support and follow the hallway to the west staircase
What happens if it rains?
- You will receive a Connect-Ed message from Michael Mastrullo no later than 8:00 AM on Saturday, June 3, letting you know the ceremony has been moved inside. See below regarding ticketing information if graduation is indoors
Do I need tickets for graduation?
- If graduation is held outside, no tickets are needed
- If the weather necessitates an indoor graduation, each graduate will receive three (3) tickets for admittance into the gymnasium (where the ceremony will be held) and two (2) tickets for admittance into the auditorium (where the ceremony will be simulcast)
- Graduates will receive these tickets when they pick up their cap-and-gown packets following graduation rehearsal on Tuesday, May 30 or Wednesday May 31.
- Please note that seating is first come, first served. Additional guests may listen at WIQH.org or view at www.concordtv.org/watch-now (see below for more information)
What if graduation is inside and I need more than five tickets?
- Due to fire code and space restrictions, no additional tickets can be allocated
- If graduation is inside, additional guests can listen from WIQH (WIQH.org) and watch the live stream on-line from CCTV (www.concordtv.org/watch-now).
Where do I park?
- All graduates and their guests should park in the student and turf field parking lots at CCHS. There will be no graduate or guest parking along the Thoreau Street entrance. Cars will only be allowed to enter the campus from the Walden Street entrance
- Guests may also park at the Alcott School where there will be continuous shuttle buses to bring you to CCHS starting at 10:00 AM
What should the graduates bring to the Maroon Gym?
- Nothing! Graduates should not bring purses, bags, flowers or anything besides their cap, tassel and gown
What should graduates wear to graduation?
- It is a formal event and we are suggesting students dress appropriately
- Gowns should be taken out of their packaging and ideally pressed
- Gowns should not be exposed to water
- Caps should be worn flat with the tassel starting on the right side; the tassel is then shifted to the left side when all members of the class have received their diplomas
What if my family/guests cannot travel to Concord for the graduation?
- Graduation will be covered, live on both CCTV and WIQH. On CCTV, it will be on Channel 9 and 99, and also streaming video at concordtv.org/watch-live. WIQH will broadcast the ceremony on 88.3 FM in the Concord area, and streaming (sound only) online at WIQH.org.
- Both WIQH and CCTV will provide live coverage of the graduation exercises regardless of whether the ceremony is outdoors or indoors.
- CCTV will rebroadcast the festivities at multiple later dates on Channel 99, and will also make it available on org for streaming via their “on-demand” button.
- DVDs will be available for purchase for $20 through CCTV within a couple weeks after graduation. For further information about placing DVD orders, contact Kester Krueger at email@example.com or 978-369-5038.
Where do graduates receive their caps and gowns?
- Caps and gowns will be distributed following graduation rehearsal on Tuesday, May 30, or Wednesday, May 31
- In order to receive their caps and gowns, graduates must clear up all debts and obligations (i.e. books or money owed to CCHS). Parents/guardians may check if students owe any money/materials:
- Log in to Aspen (https://ma-concord.myfollett.com/aspen/logon.do)
- In the upper left corner, click on >Family
- Click on the >child’s name of whom you wish to view (not the box next to the their name, but the actual name in blue)
- Select >Transactions (the button is on the left hand side in orange)
When is graduation rehearsal?
- Graduation rehearsal will take place on Tuesday, May 30 at 9:30 AM and Wednesday, May 31 at 8:30 AM in the main gym
- Attendance is mandatory for all graduates participating in the ceremony on June 3
What happens after graduation?
- Following the graduation ceremony, there will be refreshments provided by the Class of 2017 by the tennis or courts or in the main lobby (if inclement weather)
- There is also a celebration for graduates from 9:30 PM to 5:00 AM (All Night LIve) for more information, visit http://www.cchsallnightlive.com
How do I obtain information about disability services during graduation?
- Guests requiring accommodations (parking, seating, accessibility) during graduation should make requests as soon as possible and no later than Wednesday, May 31.
- Please contact Michele McElroy (978-341-2937 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to request an access accommodation for you or a guest
Will water be available?
- Water will be provided for students
- We encourage families to bring water for their own use